My academic background is based upon the following studies:
- MA Drama & Movement Therapy (Sesame Approach), The Royal School of Speech and Drama, University of London, UK.
- MSc Counselling Studies), University of Edinburgh, UK.
- BSc Psychology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
In addition, my clinical experience has developed through broad and varied therapeutic work the last 17 years. This experience includes psychological support to children, adolescents and adults through individual sessions and group work in public and private settings in the mental health area and education in Cyprus, the United Kingdom and Greece.
My therapeutic work focuses on the following themes:
- phobias/panic attacks
- mood disorders (e.g. depression)
- cancer experience
- traumatic experience
- chronic pain
- chronic illness (e.g. rheumatic diseases, multiple sclerosis, etc.)
- eating disorders
- psychotic disorders
- difficulties in relationships
- professional burn out
- dream work
British Association of Dramatherapists (BADTH): 3591
Registry of Psychologists Cyprus/Graduated: 382
Continuing Professional Development
2021, Paphos, Cyprus. Cofounder of the Space for Psychotherapy-Dramatherapy & Personal Development “The Key“.
Participation in European conferences:
- 2023, Nicosia, Cyprus. 2nd Pancyprian Chronic Pain Scientific Conference. Experiential Workshop: “Arts Therapies in Health: How Dramatherapy & Music therapy can empower the role of health professionals”. Co-facilitator.
- 2022, Corfu, Greece. 13th Panhellenic meeting of Prevention to Addiction Services. Experiential workshop: “People with Hands made by Light”. Co-facilitator. Representation of the Municipal Prevention Team of Geroskipou, Paphos.
- 2018, Chester, UK. Annual Conference of British Association of Dramatherapy. “Within thyself: From the image to the core of being a dramatherapist”. Experiential workshop. Facilitator.
- 2018, Nürtingen, Germany. 4ο European Conference of Dramatherapy by European Federation of Dramatherapy. “Towards the within: Reflections on the personal journey behind the dramatherapist’s role”. Experiential workshop. Facilitator.
- 2015, Athens, Greece. 1o European Conference of Dramatherapy by European Federation of Dramatherapy. “Weaving the Threads”. Experiential workshop. Co-facilitator.